Forum dedicated to Golden Retrievers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shampoo and creme rinse?

Go down

Shampoo and creme rinse? Empty Shampoo and creme rinse?

Post  LindaB Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:10 pm

As I said in my previous post, Tek is the first Golden I've had. All of the previous dogs in my life have been short-haired (Dobies and Boxers). When I first got him he was scratching incessantly so I got some good PH balanced shampoo from my vet and have gotten in the habit of bathing him every 3 - 4 weeks. He seems to love it - he's crazy about water and goes swimming every chance he gets - and the scratching has completly stopped.

My question is: should I be using a creme rinse of some sort to help calm the static electricity and tangles? I groom him often, brushing him from head to tail at least once a day. Sometimes I do it for just a few minutes to just make sure anything he might have picked up in the grass or woods is not lingering in his hair. Most of the time though it's just a really relaxing way for me to give, and for him to receive, attention and love.

I have tried a couple of things advised by friends. One was Mink Oil mixed with water as a final rinse (leaves him looking slightly greasy) and another just a rinse another friend uses on her long-haired dog. What I'd like is something that enhances his beautiful coloring and leaves his coat shiny.

I'd appreciate any grooming advice you have. I'm learning how to trim his feet to get rid of the 'fuzzy slipper' look. Anything else I should know as a novice Golden owner?

Thanks,

Linda B

LindaB

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum